Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Introduction

Welcome! I am a 6th grade science teacher lucky enough to live in the last best place- Montana! I grew up on a dairy farm in northern Michigan so living here is no stretch- just more cows. I've taught all science subjects 6th through 12th grade but my passion is middle school. My husband and I have three children- 10, 4 and almost 2! I love to travel, hike, and just watch things grow! I blog intermittently about our life in our mixed up multi-ethnic family at lalaandpie.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. The design of your blog is awesome!!! Where in Northern Michigan did you grow up? I live and teach HS Science in Hesperia, Michigan, which is about 1/2 way between Ludington and Muskegon. I'm new to blogging so I'm not sure if you should answer my question (or other personal questions) through here or send me an email???

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you are more familiar with blogs than a lot of us here, including myself. Do you have any tips for us? I notice that you just use your initials for your name and mountain west for your location...do you have specific reasons besides privacy? In other words, should we be more careful about giving out personal information? Thanks!
    I am also a lucky person being able to live and teach in Mt, born and raised and hopefully will die here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JSherburn- Ha! I'm not that super at blogging. I really just did it to chronicle our last adoption and keep my family who is scattered to the 4 winds in the loop. I grew up in Beaverton up near Midland. I really miss those Great Lakes! Hesperia is beautiful!

    Knodelscience- It really is just for privacy. We are a multi-ethnic adoptive and biological family so in other words we draw alot of attention both in the blogosphere and just out in the real world. I have friends who've had their family's privacy pretty aggressively invaded so now I'm sort of wary.

    ReplyDelete