Sunday, July 25, 2010

Discussion Summary

I really enjoyed getting to see what people were thinking in the discussion area.  The support and mirroring of what I've been feeling (overwhelmed, excited, inspired) was neat to see.  A few kernals that I took away were: 
This is a process, we are lucky enough to be lifelong learners. 
Best practice is evolving too. 
Trying a little bit at a time is OK. 
Technology is one tool in the hands of what really matters in education- the teacher. 
Finding the time to collaborate is important for teachers too. 

Thanks,  I'm sorry for the short post.  If, you've been reading the news, you may have heard of a plane crash in Lake Michigan this week.  (It's been in the national news because of a "goodbye" note found in the water after the crash.)  The volunteer medical transport flight was carrying 2 pilots, a doctor, his patient and wife from Michigan to the Mayo clinic.  The doctor was my uncle and one of the best men I know.  The pilot was rescued but all others are still missing and presumed lost.  We are waiting for word that the wreckage has been found and more. It's been a hard few days.  

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your loss. It is so tough to be able to do normal things in life when a tragedy has occurred. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did hear this on the news this morning, I'm so sorry for the loss and the trauma you all must be going through. Thank you for sharing, it makes it less anonymous to the rest of us, which it shouldn't be. Peace and prayers to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so very sorry too. I hope that you have the comfort of family and friends nearby to help you through. Best, C.

    ReplyDelete