Friday, July 23, 2010

Wallwisher

For several years, I've used the "exit" ticket idea with my students.  A closing writing prompt that must be completed before they leave the classroom. We've used sticky notes, journals, the whiteboard, smartboard, moodle discussion areas to do this, but now I really want to try WallwisherWallwisher is an online notice board where you can leave a digital "sticky note."  Simple and green.  Can't wait to try it and... I think I'm going to incorporate it into my project as a place for students to share what their project choice is. 

Also, in my poking around looking for ideas to modify my current science fair rubric so that it works for my digital science fair, I found this pretty comprehensive list of rubrics.

Oh, also you may have noticed that I've changed a few things about the blog.  I'm trying to make it user friendly for my students and parents so that I can continue blogging here next year.  Hopefully, it will help extend the walls of my classroom and perhaps make them  feel  more "semipermeable" for parents. :)

2 comments:

  1. Great idea to have your Web 2.0 Teaching Resources listed here. I like how it is organized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two things.....
    First: I love the new format of your blog. It's very easy to navigate.

    Secondly: Thank you for posting the link to the rubrics. What an awesome resource! I especially love all of the rubrics related to web 2.0 tools. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete