Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wikispaces

So, I was a bit intimidated by wikis- lots of layers and lots and lots of content.  I've often found navigating them pretty overwhelming.  But after creating my own on wikispaces, I'm actually feeling better.  I can really see the potential for students sharing their research and resources on specific topics.  It really has the potential to grow as big and as deep as the students can take it and that is exciting.  I'm still figuring out the bells and whistles so to speak of setting up a wiki but I may now be a convert.  You can see where I'm headed by checking out the wiki here.    Also, here is a terrific science fair site!  I'm hoping to use it in conjunction with the wiki.

I've also been fiddling with this blog and thinking about how to use blogs in the classroom.  I really enjoyed looking at how other teachers are using them. 

My exploration of Edmodo continues. I'm slowing getting the hang of how things work with it.  I now have a dummy account and a real one for what it's worth.  I'm sure it will be hugely confusing if I can't figure out how to delete the "play" one.  Also note that they've launched an iphone app, yay!  Love the connectivity.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for prompting me to start my class wiki again. I'm going to give it another try, and hope I can figure out why it hasn't worked for me in the past. Students enjoyed using it, but their passwords would all of a sudden stop working, which was a bit annoying. One more time, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation! I am still looking around for just the right place to start a class wiki and have been intimidated by what I've seen so far. I'm on my way to check wikispaces...

    ReplyDelete